Saturday, September 17, 2005

Me Time (September)

hey, my birthday is this coming tuesday.
nope.. no celebrations. Got test a day before and after the day itself.
So yea, unless i buy a cake for myself and sing the birthday song to myself (having a blast by myself)... i'll be studying for the test too.

so if i was going to have 'that' blast, i did it on the weekend. today lar. I got myself a new bag and watched ' Cinderella Man' by myself.

Cinderella Man. an oscar worthy show with brilliant performance by Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger with Paul Giamatti.

Based on a true story heroism of Jim Braddock-A depression-era fighter and folk hero.
He was a potential young champion during his prime only to have his dreams shattered by constant injuries.
He started losing after that and couldn't get good fights. It was 4 years into the great depression and he struggled with poverty(just like many other person during that time).
He had to work in shifts to earn a small amount of money (not enough to pay his electric bill, and milk for the family).
Slowly... he fight his way back to the top and beat Max Baer (killed 2 people in the ring during the fight itself) for the world championship title.

after watching the movie, i tried to save my money. cancelled whatever plan to buy new pants and shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home