Monday, July 11, 2005

Singing in the Rain

*my weekend*
Saturday * supposed to be busy* day for me.
have to do research on my ESL and IS assignments.
Have to read up my IS.

so.. yep.. i think i did all of that. (started the assignments, and half way through the IS)

Saturday sucked- and thats how it end.

Sunday
Woke up and realized i overslept (again, suppose to study).
so went to church. Youth Service today was really really awsome.
Prayer and worship- thats all we (youths) need.
Worship team put away their original play list,
pastor put away her sermon and allowed the annointing to flow.

after church- i had to visit 'House of Joy' (some orphanage i guess) for a moral studies project.
Oh man, i feared this project. I am So so bad with kids, never was good with them anyways. I blamed my screwed up childhood for that, but i have already put away that bitterness in me. So it was like a challenge for me. Met with my group members in college about 2.15... but only left around 3 something after waitingour LAN teacher-manatahu she Fong Fei Kei us. haha!!!
and yea... search for that place till 3.45- got problems such as the road we suppose to use on contruction and shits like that.

okok~ we FiNAlly reached our destination... first thing we did was set up the food we prepared earlier (well, i was in church- the rest of them prepared earlier). Yep, i did put in effort to talk to them... it was abit hard for the fellas in my team because in that place- all the kids either speaks mandarin or cantonese only. yea... after our tea party, we talked to them abit more and played games with them. UnO- sue lin's stuff... hope they enjoy themselves.

i was thinking a few days ago- won't the kids in the orphan feel bored with visitors already.
Almost everyday there will be colleges students visiting them for their college projects. And i think that the kids will have lower self-esteem knowing that they need other people to please them ALL the time.

I really asked them about it. I talk to one of the oldest guy in 'house of joy', he was about 15 years old. I asked him whether he was bored with all these visitation... and he replied " depends on their way of visitation" and then " if its more about games, he says it gets bored but if the people come and talk to them.. he preffers it".

actually wanted to play basketball with them wan.. but the rain just started pouring.
so yea.. that was my sunday.

-end-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home